Modernization of Pedagogical Higher Education by Innovative Teaching Instruments
Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University is a participant of the international project Modernization of Pedagogical Higher Education by Innovative Teaching Instruments, which is dedicated to the modernization of curricula of pedagogical universities of Ukraine by introducing the most up-to-date teaching methods based on the latest IT methods and technologies.
Project duration: October 15, 2017 – October 14, 2020 (36 months).
Project participants Ukrainian and foreign universities and the company implementing the project implementation quality assessment:
- Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University – project coordinator (for the first time in the history of the ERASMUS + program, the Ukrainian university is the coordinator);
- Borys Hrinchenko Kyiv University;
- State Institution of Higher Education “Pereyaslav-Khmelnitsky Hrihoriy Skovoroda State Pedagogical University”;
- Pavlo Tychyna Uman State Pedagogical University;
- South Ukrainian National Pedagogical Universitynamed after Kostiantyn Dmytrovych Ushynsky;
- Deusto University (Spain);
- AGH University of Science and Technology;
- Universityof Cyprus, «Quality Ukraine».
MoPED is a project on developing the potential of higher education in Ukraine. The aim is to modernize educational programs for pedagogical universities in Ukraine by incorporating new courses based on the latest IT methods and technologies. Through the introduction of new pedagogical techniques, the project affects the quality of pedagogical higher education and enhances the digital and didactic competences of future teachers.
Important components of the project
- a thorough analysis of the higher pedagogical education of EU countries and Ukraine and creation of a digital profile of the teacher;
- conducting trainings for the teaching staff of Ukrainian universities participating in the project for modernize existing courses and develop new ones.
Within the project several trips to foreign partners were organized in order to exchange the experience of organizing the educational process. Representatives of universities from Spain, Poland and Cyprus held specialized field trainings for teachers of Ukrainian universities.
The delegates from the Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University were Director of the Educational-Scientific Institute of Physics, Mathematics and Information Technologies G.A. Mogilny, Head of the Chair of Information Technologies and Systems M.A. Semenov, Head of the Department of Educational Laboratories and Computer Classes Y.Е. Kondratenko, Chief Accountant T.F. Berezhna.
In March-May 2019, in order to further disseminate European best practices, representatives of the Universities of Spain, Poland and Cyprus held on-site trainings already at the Ukrainian partner universities. There were three trainings in total:
- March 10 – 14, 2019 at Pereyaslav-Khmelnytsky Hryhoriy Skovoroda State Pedagogical University – held by Deusto University (Spain, Bilbao);
- May 13 – 17, 2019 South Ukrainian National Pedagogical Universitynamed after Kostiantyn Dmytrovych Ushynsky (Odessa)– conducted by the University of Cyprus (Cyprus)
- May 21 – 24, 2019 at the Pavel Tychyna Uman State Pedagogical University – conducted by AGH Science and Technology University (Poland, Krakow).
18 teachers of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University took an active part in these trainings and seminars and got acquainted with the European experience in using innovative technologies in the area of education. 18 teachers of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University took an active part in these trainings and seminars and got acquainted with the European experience in using innovative technologies in the field of education. The result of fruitful work were presentations of own projects, practical experience of using innovative technologies in the field of technical and non-technical education, features of the use of Go-Lab Ecosystem and inquiry learning, Blackboard Platform, Videos During and more.
All participants were awarded certificates for participation in training and developing staff. Thanks to the experience gained, our university teachers will be able to use it in their direct work in the preparation of future specialists in various specialties.
One of the main tasks of the project was to develop the concept of creating an innovative classroom (ICR), so a new computer center will be created at the University and in the Luhansk region, which will include three interconnected areas:
- Creative Training Area (ICR1) contains multimedia equipment, computer gadgets, furniture transformers;
- the 3D modeling area (ICR2) contains the basic and auxiliary equipment for practical implementation of projects in the field of 3D modeling;
- Engineering and Robotics Zone (ICR3) is designed for practical work with robots and other educational equipment that is intended for engineering.
According to the project objectives, Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University is developing three new courses:
- Methodology of Using Digital Technologies in School Education / Teaching Language: English – Bachelor.
- Educational training in school using 3D modeling and robotics / Teaching language: Ukrainian – Master.
- Gamification in the educational process of the school / Language of instruction: Ukrainian – Master.