This year’s first rectorate meeting has been held at LNU today.
The agenda included the issue concerning a state of university’s career-guiding activity. It was covered by the Head of the Department of Marketing I. O. Lysenko who performed as a speaker and by the Acting Director of the Center of Pre-Professional Training N. Yu. Matsai – supporting speaker.
Having heard and discussed the reports, the rectorate noted that the career-guiding activity of the university was aimed at attracting school leavers, graduates from gymnasiums, lyceums, vocational schools and the final-year students of educational establishments of the I – II accreditation levels and career-oriented youth for education in accredited directions.
Yuriivna and Ihor Oleksandrovych listed the main directions of university’s career-guiding activity including:
- providing promotional support for admission campaign and advertisement of distance education in media;
- career-guiding activity among the final-year pupils of schools, gymnasiums, lyceums, vocational schools, the final-year students of educational establishments of the I – II accreditation levels and career-oriented youth;
- advisory support for future applicants concerning entrance campaign;
- preparatory trainings for external independent evaluation;
- competitions in subjects of external independent evaluation;
- methodological assistance for the teachers of schools, gymnasiums, lyceums, vocational schools, educational establishments of the I – II accreditation level;
- lecturer’s participation in seminars, conferences and round tables;
- University Open Days;
- participation in career-guiding events organized by district and city departments of education.
The Center of Pre-Professional Training, Department of Marketing and the heads of educational subdivisions performed significant career-guiding work in September – December, 2015. As a result, it covered 82% graduates from educational establishments of Luhansk and Donetsk regions.
University representatives visited more than 95% of lyceums, vocational schools, educational establishments of the I – II accreditation level of Luhansk and Donetsk regions except for the educational establishments that are the subdivisions of other universities.
The speakers noted the priority directions of further work and thanked all colleagues who had taken part in career-guiding work last semester.
Press-Center of LNU