Meeting with voters
A meeting of the candidate for the post of Rector with voters took place at Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University.
On September 23, the university team will make a serious choice in five cities of the country for the development and prosperity of their native HEI – to elect a rector.
The day before, on September 14, 2021, a meeting of the candidate for the post of rector, Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor Olena Karaman with voters took place in the university assembly hall. She presented the election program to the entire staff of the HEI and answered all the questions.
26 years ago, Olena Leonidivna connected her life with Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University. During this time, she has gone a difficult path from the senior laboratory assistant to the Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor, Director of the Educational and Research Institute of Pedagogy and Psychology. Under her strict guidance, 3 doctors and 5 candidates of pedagogical sciences defended their dissertations. Olena Leonidivna is the author of 172 scientific and educational works, including publications in journals included in the NBD Web of Sciences. The Professor is the chairman of specialized scientific councils, editor-in-chief of scientific collections and journals, a participant in domestic and international projects.
In the electoral program, Olena Leonidivna identified the following main priorities of her activities:
- modernization of the organizational and management system and the creation of effective management at the University;
- ensuring the education quality and educational activities of the University;
- development of research and innovation activities;
- international activity and integration in the world educational and scientific space;
- student centrism and student initiative development;
- development of the social and humanitarian sphere;
- development of material and technical base, social infrastructure and financial and economic activities.
The goal of the program is to ensure the training of competitive specialists based on the organic unity of high quality, fundamental and professional content, integration in the international educational and scientific space, patriotism, promoting personal and professional self-realization throughout life for the sustainable and innovative development of the University, region, state and society in the conditions of a changing world, internal and external challenges for the further reintegration of the temporarily occupied territories.
Each voter can view the program in detail on the university official website.
Press Center of LTSNU