Report and Elective Conference
Report and elective conference of primary trade union organization of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University has been held at LNU today.
The agenda included the following subjects:
- working results of the primary trade union organization and the audit commission for the period from 2010 to 2015;
- changes and additions to “Regulations on Primary Trade Union Organization of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University”;
- election of the chairman of primary trade union organization of LNU;
- election of trade union committee of primary trade union organization of LNU;
- election of audit commission of the primary trade union organization;
- any other business.
Having heard and discussed the report of S.V. Sevriuk on the working results of primary trade union organization and audit commission for 2010 – 2015, the conference noted that trade union work had been aimed at protecting the economic and labor rights of trade union members, maintaining and expanding its social benefits and guarantees, trade-union representation in government and university administration.
Every year university workers and their families receive different kinds of material and social assistance. Trade union gives much attention to health improvement of teachers, employees and their families.
Forced evacuation of the university to Starobilsk made its changes to the activity of trade union organization: trade union uses its capabilities not in full.
Due to the forced evacuation which has led to reduction in the number of students and staff, the conference decided to make changes and additions to “Regulations on Primary Trade Union Organization of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University” thus combining trade union organization of students and employees with trade union organization of university students.
The important point of the agenda was the election of the chairman of the primary trade union organization of LNU. Chairman of trade union organization of students Volodymyr Petrovych Moroz stood for this position. He was elected unanimously according to the results of open voting.
Our congratulations to Volodymyr Petrovych on new position! Good luck in work!
Yuliia Tretiakova, Press-Center of LNU