Election of Student Leader
Student leader was elected among the students of Starobilsk Humanitarian and Pedagogical College and LNU College.
Student government was elected during the election conference hold on October 22. Delegates from academic groups, representatives of last year’s government and administration of the educational establishment took part in the event.
Olena Serhiivna Kovpak (director of Starobilsk College) and Nataliia Viktorivna Motunova (director of College of LNU) greeted the students. They mentioned that student government is a tool to organize student life. It helps to develop a feeling of a leader of college and group, to cooperate on the principles of equality, openness and democracy, has a positive effect on the formation of students’ moral qualities. Students participation in managing educational process improves them as a personality which is able to be responsible for the result of education and labor. Also they noted that students as future specialists must create such society they want to live in. Directors wished success in these difficult tasks.
During the conference there was awarding the students for their active participation in social life of college, sport achievements and assistance in educational process arrangements.
Olena Dukhova, a chairman of college student council in 2014 – 2015, reported on the results of student government activity. New chairman of student council is Karyna Podnebenna, the second-year student of specialty “Elementary Education”. She presented her program with the following main tasks:
- assistance in educational, scientific, practical and creative activity of students;
- assistance in providing necessary conditions for students rest;
- organizing cooperation with students of other structural subdivisions of universities and youth organizations;
- developing students reward program for their achievements in public, scientific, cultural and sport activity;
- holding cultural events and recreation for students;
- conducting surveys to study the opinions of students;
- promotion of healthy lifestyle.