The Educational and Research Institute of Commerce, Serving Technologies and Tourism conducted an introductory excursion.
On September 23, the fourth-year student Yelyzaveta Liashchenko conducted an introductory excursion “Paths of Starobilsk Land” for freshmen majoring in Tourism and Hotel and Restaurant Business.
The beginning of the tourist route was chosen by the Catherine Women’s Gymnasium, where in 1940-1954 housed a teaching institute. The next object was a monument based on the work of Ilf and Petrov “Twelve Chairs”. According to one version, in 1923 these writers were sent on a business trip to the county town of Starobilsk, which is why the novel contains a huge number of coincidences related to the history of Stargorod.
The first-year students also learned about the history of monuments to Vsevolod Garshin, Kisa Vorobyaninov and Nestor Makhno. The latter gained popularity through rumors about the army’s treasures hidden in the city’s dungeons, which allegedly have not yet been found. The tourist route ended near the chapel built in honor of the Intercession Cathedral, which was destroyed in 1934. During the excursion, the freshmen asked questions about the leaders of Starobilsk and the veracity of the legends of Stargorod’s history.
At the end of the excursion, the students thanked Yelyzaveta for the interesting journey through the streets of the city, which will become their student home for at least four years.
Educational and Research Institute of Commerce,
Serving Technology and Tourism