HOUSE OF EUROPE FESTIVAL, STUDY IN GERMANY AND JOURNALISM COMPETITION – EU OPPORTUNITIES
Organizations of EU countries are planning to hold events of various formats in the near future, in which both specialists and students have the opportunity to take part.
Among the events – barcamp, grants for projects, competitions, an accelerator, a course of lectures from European lecturers, a festival, scholarships for training, and more. A complete list is provided below.
- For cultural managers and representatives of cultural hubs: a program to create a common ground for spaces that encourage public debate and dialogue between the EU, neighboring countries and Turkey. Deadline – September 14.
- For students: scholarships to study in Germany from the Friedrich Ebert Foundation.
- For professionals from the book industry: online barcamp On / Off: Creating The New Normal from Goethe-Institut Ukraine and the Book Arsenal. Deadline – July 31.
- For artists: grants for the projects “Cultural and Creative Response to Climate Change” from the Prince Claus Fund and the Goethe-Institut. Deadline – September 25.
- For Journalists: COVID-19 One World Media Coronavirus Reporting Award. Deadline – July 30.
- For young graphic designers: design competition from the Weltformat Graphic Design Competition. Deadline – July 31st.
- EU Accelerator for Innovative Enterprises. The EU, under the Horizon 2020 program, invites innovative small and medium-sized enterprises looking to scale their business to participate in the accelerator. Accelerator participants will receive up to 2.5 million euros in grant funds and up to 15 million euros in investments for the development of their projects, business coaching, take part in trainings, get acquainted with investors, public and private suppliers and other participants of the accelerator. Deadline – October 7.
- House of Europe Festival. Together with partners in Rivne, OO Prostor House of Europe invites you on September 4-6 to the House of Europe Festival – an annual festival that brings together a creative community for meeting and sharing experiences. The program includes speeches by experts from the EU and Ukraine, personal consultations, presentations of startups, meeting colleagues and potential business partners. Participation can be taken online and offline, subject to prior registration.
- Online course for pediatricians, neonatologists and neurologists. House of Europe invites physicians working in perinatal centers and neonatology departments to take part in the free online course “Medical care for newborns and children with hereditary metabolic diseases”. The course of 10 lectures will be delivered by lecturers from Poland and the Czech Republic. The certificate of completion of the course meets the requirements of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. Deadline for registration is July 31st.
- Support for art residences. House of Europe, Ukrainian Institute and Ukrainian Cultural Foundation have created a new initiative “Refueling” – to support and promote Ukrainian residences. We are currently collecting information about Ukrainian art residences in order to post this data to DutchCulture | TransArtists, the world’s largest online database of residences. To participate in the initiative, you must fill out the form before September 10.
- House of Europe grant program. The public organization “Listening Speech” invites young musicians aged 16-25 to take part in the sound laboratory Tender Plants in Odessa. The laboratory will take place on August 18-27 in the Botanical Garden of the Odesa I.I. Mechnikov National University and the Muzeon Experimental Center. The program includes a workshop with the participation of an interdisciplinary team of mentors and lecturers, as well as the creation, with their support, of sound installations or performances. Deadline – August 7.