“SOCIAL CONFLICTS IN SECOND MODERN SOCIETIES: DIVERSITY AND INVARIANTS”
On April 4, 2019, the Department of Philosophy and Sociology of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University (Starobilsk) will hold the All-Ukrainian Scientific Conference “Social Conflicts in Second Modern Societies: Diversity and Invariants”.
Topics for discussion:
- The second modern as a type of society
- Features of the social structure of the Second Modern
- Transnational bourgeoisie as the leading social stratum of the Second Modern
- Precariat as the most numerous class of the Second Modern
- The nature of inequalities in the societies of the Second Modern
- The political subsystem of society in the conditions of the Second Modernity
- The spiritual production of the Second Modern
- Conflicts in various spheres of society in the period of the Second Modern
- Wars of the Second Modern
- The military conflict in the Donbass as a conflict of the Second Modern
- The legacy of Ulrich Beck: opportunities for development in modern conditions
- The idea of Zygmunt Bauman about the “current modernity”
- Dialogues of Zygmunt Bauman and Leonidas Donskis on the nature of evil in the society of the Second Modern
- Adiaphorus and the social consciousness of the Second Modern
- Second Modern Theory and World-Systems Analysis
- Second Modern Theory and Ecological Sociology.
Applications will be accepted until March 30, 2019. In the application, you must specify the title of the report and give a very brief summary (no more than 10 lines). Please also indicate the phone number, email address and Skype address.
Participants from other cities are invited to participate in the conference online.
According to the results of the reports, authors will be selected to prepare articles for the next issue of the journal “Vistnyk of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University. Sociological sciences.”
Please contact for all questions:
Ilia Fedorovych Kononov