First Round of the Student Olympiad
Within the framework of the Shevchenko days, the first stage of the Student Olympiad in the Ukrainian language and literature was held at the Faculty of Ukrainian Philology and Social Communications.
Participation in subject Olympiads is an important component of the educational process. Interactive technology is a part of the credit-module training, which enables to intensify the learning process, to develop the students’ motivation for learning, to realize what they have learned, to assess their own level of understanding, mastering the educational material. That is why students were offered tasks aimed at creative comprehension of scientific problems, development of communicative qualities and skills: write essays on a given topic, compose senkans, etc. Participants in the Olympiad demonstrated a proper level of knowledge of the Ukrainian language and the methods of its teaching, literary disciplines, originality of thinking when performing creative tasks, sufficient theoretical and practical training.
The third-, fourth- and fifth-year students took an active part in the Olympiad in the Ukrainian language. The winners were:
- among the third-year students: Karina Riabokon (3-UML, 23 points out of 30 points) and Anastasia Yanovych (3-UA, 21 out of 30);
- among the fourth-year students: Iryna Khaimova (4-UML) and Galyna Tarakanova (4-UA), who received 19 points (out of 20) in the Ukrainian language; as well as Alena Ryabokon (4-UML, 44 out of 60) and Denis Smirnov (4-UML, 40 out of 60) in the methodology of teaching the Ukrainian language;
- among the fifth-year students: Olga Vilchinska (5-UkrRed, 20 out of 20) and Hanna Dorozh (5-UkrRed, 16 out of 20).
The subject Olympiad in literature provided for the fulfillment of assignments for Ukrainian literature and separately for foreign literature. The first-, third- and fourth-year students took an active part in it.
The winners were:
4 year (Ukrainian literature and methods of teaching it):
- I place – Galyna Tarakanova, 4-UA (83 out of 100).
3 year (Ukrainian literature):
- I place – Karina Ryabokon, 3-UML (84 out of 100);
- II place – Olena Kozlova, 3-UML (79 out of 100).
1 year (Ukrainian literature):
- I place – Yulia Tarasova, 1-UA (29 out of 30);
- II place – Anastasia Gorban, 1-UA (28 out of 30);
- III place – Anna Meshcheryakova, Kristina Yakovleva, 1-UML (27 out of 30).
4 year (foreign literature and methods of teaching it):
- I place – Galyna Tarakanova, 4-UA (95 out of 100);
- II place – Alyona Riabokon, 4-UML (85 out of 100);
- III place – Viktoria Yavorska, Iryna Khaimova, 4-UML (38 out of 100).
3 year (foreign literature):
- II place – Karina Ryabokon, 3-UML (18 out of 25);
- III place – Olena Kozlova, 3-UML (16 out of 25).
2 year (foreign literature):
- II place – Andrii Goidenko, 2-UML (19 out of 25);
- III place – Svitlana Shamryha, 2-UML (17 out of 25).
1 year (foreign literature):
- I place – Yulia Tarasova, 1-UA (21 out of 25);
- II place – Anastasia Gorban, 1-UA (20 out of 25);
- III place – Elyzaveta Ponomarenko, Yulia Dybka, 4-UA (19 out of 25).
Among the master students, Yulia Dubova and Anastasia Unik won the contest. They will represent the State Institution “Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University” in the second round of the All-Ukrainian Student Olympiad in the Ukrainian language and literature, which will last from April 10 to 13, 2017 at the National Pedagogical University named after M. P. Dragomanova (Kyiv).
We wish the participants and the winners of the subject olympiads new achievements!
According to the FUPSC