A Visit to the University of Cambridge
LTSNU will visit the University of Cambridge.
The program of development of the leadership potential of Ukrainian universities of the British Council in Ukraine in partnership with the Institute of Higher Education of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine and Leadership Foundation for Higher Education (UK) and with the support of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, a joint delegation of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University and East Ukrainian Volodymyr Dahl National University will visit Cambridge University from November 27 to December 3, 2016.
The aim of the visit is to study the best practices of the university management, leadership, and education reform, as well as the exchange of professional knowledge and practical experience in initiating and consistent implementation of systemic changes, especially in times of social and political instability.
Within the framework of the visit of the Ukrainian delegation to the University of Cambridge will be held 4-day scientific conference with the participation of eminent scientists and experts, who will present research results and discuss the following questions:
- The role of the modern university (David Bridges)
- Vision, values and goals of the University (Anne Lonsdale)
- University Management and Financing (Dr Kirsty Allen, Ceri Bentonand David Carter)
- Elaboration of an international university strategy (Paola Contreras)
- Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (Geoff Hayward)
- ELearning Technologies (Ruslan Ramanau)
- Representation of interests and involvement of students (Peter Sutoris)
- Leadership in Higher Education (Nataliya Rumyantseva)
- Reform of higher education in Ukraine (Iryna Kushnir)
- Conflict and displacement (Jo-Anne Dillabough)
- Universities in exile (in the case of the European Humanities University)
- The role of education in the process of development of the world (Sara Clarke-Habibi)
- Peace Studies (Hilary Cremin and Kevin Kester)
- Day 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zowhc_vsK04
- Day 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc24O7yzqok
- Day 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJnyxvyES18
- Day 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96TXHu0rtGc
Anyone can join an online conference, which will be broadcast from November 28 to December 1, 2016 at the following links:
- http://www.britishcouncil.org.ua/events/cambridge-conference (in Ukrainian)
- http://www.britishcouncil.org.ua/en/events/cambridge-conference (in English)
You can ask questions to the speakers or leave a comment at the Conference page on Twitter.
According to the Head
of the Educational-Methodical Department N.A. Semenov