Academic Council of the IPP
Today was the first meeting of the Academic Council of the Educational and Research Institute of Pedagogy and Psychology in this academic year.
The agenda included the following issues:
- Work results of the IPP in the academic year 2015-2016 and tasks for the academic year 2016-2017.
- Results of enrollment to the Institute in 2016.
- Changes of the Academic Council of the Institute.
- About international and national scientific conferences in October 2016.
- Organization of accommodation of the first year students in the hostel.
The head of the Academic Council of the Institute O.L. Karaman reported “On the work results of the IPP in the academic year 2015-2016 and tasks for the academic year 2016-2017”. She touched the achievements of the Institute in the academic year 2015-2016 and prospects of its development in the academic year 2016-2017 in the main areas of work:
- Personnel policy,
- Contingent formation,
- Scientific work,
- Educational and methodical work,
- Social and humanitarian work.
So, during the last academic year the institute staff improved its indicators. One thesis was defended (S.M. Bezborodyh, Department of Preschool and Primary Education); one teacher was awarded the academic title of Professor (Kyzylova V.V.), four teachers got the academic rank of Assistant Professor (S.O.Bader, I.S. Syomkina, S.V. Tuntuyeva, T.V. Mahukova).
As for the formation and preservation of the contingent, it was through the restoration of the contingent of the third and fourth courses and organizing the full-time education for the first year students. In addition, they used all the possibilities of advertising and career guidance to attract students to enter the Institute: working in pre-school establishments, schools of Luhansk and Donetsk regions; state and non-governmental bodies, institutions and organizations; among the prison service personnel; frontier troops, the regiment of special purpose, Luhansk tactical groups, etc.
The result of this work was the best enrollment to the Institute at the University.
The teamwork of all departments and students of the Institute during the entrance campaign, which was carried out daily during the summer, played an important role in the enrollment of students.
Regarding the efficiency of scientific work in the IPP, in 2016 they did the following:
- licensed graduate studies in three specialties: Education Science 011, Professional education 015, Social Work 231;
- arranged and conducted scientific conferences of different levels:
– The International Scientific-Practical Conference “Quality Assurance of Higher Education: European and National Standards and Indicators” (the city of Starobilsk, departments of IPP);
– The Regional Student Scientific Conference “The content and Characteristics of Social and Educational Activities in Modern Conditions”;
– The National Scientific Internet Conference “Philology and Linguodidactics in Scientific Discourse of the XXI Century”;
– The VII Ukrainian Student Scientific Conference “Language and Literature in the Projection of Different Scientific Paradigms”;
- published two issues of the scientific journal “Visnyk of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University”, a collection of scientific works “Scientific Research of Young Researchers”, “Philology and Linguodidactics in Scientific Discourse of the XXI Century”, “Language and Literature in the Projection of Different Scientific Paradigms”, “Methodical box of teachers”;
- published 123 research papers of students;
- IPP students took the 2nd place in the second stage of Ukrainian Competition of Student Research on Correction and Social Pedagogy (Oseledko B, Kyiv, April 2016) and in the second stage of the Ukrainian Student Competition in the specialty “Social Pedagogy” (Napuda K. Zaporizhzhya, April 2016);
- Karaman O.L., Tuntuyeva S.V. won the gold medal at the Seventh International Exhibition “Modern Educational Establishments – 2016” presented by the project “Social And Educational Work With Families With Children Who are in Difficult Situations Due to Armed Conflict in East Ukraine (the example of Luhansk regional branch of the International Charitable Organization “Foundation” SOS Children’s Village “).”
Concerning the development of educational work of the Institute of Pedagogy and Psychology according to new requirements of the educational process at the university:
- developed curricula and teaching provision of training courses under the “Temporary Regulations on the Organization of Educational Process for the Combined Forms of Education Using Distance Learning Technologies in Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University”;
- developed computer tests for the state and entrance exams based on “Virtual University” in the Ukrainian segment of cyberspace;
- worked at replenishment of the University Repository issued by lecturers of the Institute;
- finished the accreditation procedure of specialties “Preschool Education”, “Primary Education”, “Correctional Education” and so on.
Regarding the organization of social and humanitarian work at the Institute of Pedagogy and Psychology, the main areas of social and humanitarian work in the academic year 2015-2016 were:
- The national-patriotic education of students.
- Preservation and development of corporate culture.
- Promoting an intelligent, intellectual, socially active citizen.
- Psychological support and adaptation of students for training in conditions of temporary occupation and remote access.
- Facilitating unhindered access of students with disabilities to quality education, daily living, leisure, comprehensively harmonious development.
- Development of student government.
- Creation of appropriate conditions for the adaptation of university graduates to the modern labor market and stimulation of motivation to work.
It was also discussed and approved the work plan of the Academic Council of the departments and plans for academic year 2016-2017 taking into account the work plan of the Academic Council of the University.
Among other issues on the agenda, V.F. Pushko reported about organization of the Day of Knowledge and organization of accommodation of the first year students in the hostel. O.M. Tsalapova reported on the organization of educational process in the new academic year.
According to information
of the Institute of Pedagogy and Psychology