Participation in the second stage of the Program
The team of LTSNU took part in the second stage of the Program of leadership potential development of Ukrainian universities.
14-16 June 2016 the team of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University took part in the II stage (“Academy of Change”) of the Program of leadership potential development of Ukrainian universities (the city of Odessa).
The delegation of LTSNU included Dmytro Uzhchenko – Vice-Rector for Scientific and Pedagogical Work, Olena Karaman – Director of the Institute of Pedagogy and Psychology, Mykola Semenov – Head of the Department of Analysis and Perspective Development of the University; Iryna Nedainova – teacher of foreign languages, associate professor, Anna Gerasymova – student of the Institute of Pedagogy and Psychology.
The first stage (“Development Center”) was held in March 2016 in Kyiv.
The program was organized by the British Council in Ukraine, Leadership Foundation for Higher Education (United Kingdom), Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine.
The purpose of the Program – promote to reform the higher education sector through the development of leadership potential of Ukrainian universities.
The main content of the program of the II stage was:
- help to participants to implement important initiatives for change with the help of creativity and teamwork;
- help to expand the opportunities for leadership and change among people and institutions in the higher education system of Ukraine as a whole in the long term;
- support creative work in cooperation;
- use of various views and experiences;
- allow to risk in a safe environment;
- move from divergent to convergent thinking;
- develop a program for implementation of the project, which is developed by the University team – “Building a European University – the Leader of The Regional Development and Education in the East of Ukraine, an Active Participant in Promoting the Process of Stopping the Conflict.”
The purpose of the project is to substantiate scientifically, develop and implement a strategy for the development of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University as the leader of the regional development and education in the east of Ukraine, an active participant in the promoting process of stopping the conflict.
The main substantive components (areas) of the University activities in the framework of the project are education, science, social mission.
The main directions of the Program of the project realizing by the university team were identified:
- Development of motivation of the team of the university students and professors on the project.
- The impact on the region through information channels.
- The impact on the region through educational and scientific activities.
- Attracting internal and external resources for the implementation of the project.
The next steps of the university team’s participation in the Program of leadership potential development of Ukrainian universities are: elaboration of the development strategy of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University as a leader of the regional development and education in the east of Ukraine, an active participant in the promoting process of stopping the conflict; search for a partner – the UK University – to share experiences; participation in a seminar on monitoring the implementation of the project (16.09.2016, Kyiv), participation in the Conference “University and Leadership” (12.10.2016, Kyiv).
Members of the Program
of leadership potential development of Ukrainian universities