Participation in the Reporting Conference
LNU representatives have taken part in reporting conference for coordinators of Window on America Centers.
The conference was conducted on March 7 – 11 in Vienna (Austria). It provided American Spaces Workshop I for the coordinators from all over the world (India, Russia, Syria, Brazil, Korea). Training coaches were Laura Kaspari Hohmann (Mexico City), Magia Krause (Moscow), Holly Murten (Rome), Rebecca Ernest (Washington, D.C.).
The following issues were considered at the conference:
- formation of development and improvement plan for Window on America Center;
- e-mail optimization;
- creation and transfer of digital content on social networking websites;
- 3D design and print basis;
- introduction in the latest technical products to develop creative and critical thinking such as LittleBits, MakeyMakey, eTextiles, 3Doodler;
- requests for project financing recommendations;
- how to make center’s exterior view more attractive through the use of Smithonian Institution resources (the participants presented their group designs of resource center with furniture and technic)
- applying the latest technologies and programs to study English.
At the end of the report week every participant presented own plan-strategy to develop Window on America Center aimed at supporting main goals declared by the USA Embassy: learning of English, supplying information on education in the USA, graduate capture, protection of human rights and economic development of countries. Training participants obtained certificates by the USA Embassy.